Subject Guide for Business and Investing
Each research guide provides internet links and resources selected by our reference staff:
- Big Charts - Provides access to interactive charts, quotes, industry analysis and intraday stock screeners as well as market news and commentary.
- BondsOnline - Current and historic pricing and information for stocks, bonds, and other securities. Investing information and links to other resources.
- Chicago Business - Published by Crain's Chicago Business newspaper.
- GlobalEDGE - Global business information from Michigan State University's Broad College of Business.
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity - Official state resources for business and community development, technological assistance, entrepreneurship, and more.
- Loan Calculators - From interest.com, over twenty calculators for mortgage financing, home equity, car loans, CDs and more.
- MSN Money - Information on all aspects of personal and commercial finance.
- Record Information Services - Log in with your library card number and pin
Searchable database of new home purchases and new startup businesses. Also available are databases of foreclosures and auctions, as well as newly filed bankruptcies.
- Reference USA - Log in with your library card number and pin
Find phone numbers, addresses, and more with Reference USA. The Business Database has approximately 14 million U.S. businesses; and the Residential Database lists 210 million U.S. households.
- State of Illinois Business Portal - Official state resource for those starting or running a business in Illinois.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission - Here you'll find links to a complete list of filings available through EDGAR and instructions for searching the EDGAR database.
- U.S. Small Business Association - Programs and services to help you start and grow your business.
- Yahoo! Business and Economy directory - Index of Internet sites for all areas of business and finance.
- Yahoo! Finance - Full-featured investing information portal.