Subject Guide for Travel
Each research guide provides internet links and resources selected by our reference staff:
- Access-Able Travel Source - A resource for travellers with special needs. Includes access guides for destinations around the world, travel agent and tour operator listings, and more.
- Eurail.com - Train travel is a great way to see Europe. Chart your routes and purchase passes on the official website of the European railway cooperative.
- Hostels.com - Not afraid to rough it? Staying in a hostel can save you money, while immersing you more deeply in the local culture. This site includes information on hostelling and a directory of over 10,000 hostels worldwide.
- Lonely Planet - Lonely Planet publishes travel books and provides this portal, containing a host of resources for travellers. Particularly valuable is the Thorn Tree, a bulletin board for exchanging travel tales with other visitors.
- PetsWelcome.com - If you love to travel but can't bear to leave Spot or Rover, check out PetsWelcome. Included are over 25,000 listing for pet-friendly destinations.
- Tourism Offices Worldwide Directory - A listing of official tourist information sources such as government tourism offices, convention and visitors bureaus, and similar organizations. No business listings are included.
- Travel.State.Gov - The foreign travel related website of the U.S. State Department. Included are tips on travelling abroad, passport information, and the latest travel warnings.
- World Factbook - This offical CIA publication is frequently updated and is a valuable resource for demographic information on most of the world's countries.