Subject Guide for Early Childhood Resources
Each research guide provides internet links and resources selected by our reference staff:
- BBC:The Little Animals Activity Centre - Games, stories and things to do. Supports learning at home for children who are in their early school years.
- Lil-Fingers - Animated stories for very young children. Includes coloring sheets and activities.
- Montessori.org - The online resource center of The Montessori Foundation & The International Montessori Council. Includes teacher and parent resources, school finder, articles, and other resources.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children - NAEYC is devoted to improving educational opportunity for young children. It serves as a professional organization for teachers, provides accreditation for preschool programs, and offers a host of resources for families with young children.
- Planet Pals - Environmental awareness activities for young children. Contains basic information about the earth, energy, recycling, water conservation, and pollution.
- ProjectApproach.org - The Project Approach emphasizes learning using investigation of real-world topics. This website contains Project Approach examples, discussions of theory and practice, and links to educational opportunities.
- ReadyWeb - Provided by the University of Illinois, ReadyWeb is a virtual library of resources and links to resources on school readiness.
- StoryPlace - The children's digital library . Resources in English and in Spanish.
- The Partnership for Reading: Early Childhood Resources - The Partnership for Reading is a collaborative effort by three federal agencies - the National Institute for Literacy (NIFL), the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), and the U.S. Department of Education.