Full Time Positions Available
There are currently no full-time positions available.
Part Time Positions Available
Salary: Begins at $10.40 per hour
The Library is now accepting applications for the position of Circulation/Outreach Services Assistant.
This part-time position will require working a flexible schedule including mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends in the Circulation/Outreach Services Department at the Service Desk. Current schedule: Wednesday, 5-9 pm; Thursday, 8:45 am-1:15 pm; Saturday, 5 hours once a month on a rotational basis; Sunday, 4.5 hours once a month on a rotational basis
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Checking library materials in and out for patrons
- Collecting fines and fees
- Issuing and renewing library cards
- Maintaining patron database
- Answering telephone and transferring incoming calls to appropriate staff
- Directing patrons to appropriate areas in the library
- Assisting patrons with locating materials within the online catalog and on the shelves
- Troubleshooting computer issues with library patrons
- Participating in community outreach events
- Cooperating as a team member with the library staff in performing any duties essential to the achievement of effective library operations
- High school diploma; college degree preferred
- One to two years of customer service experience preferred
- Ability to express self well in English, both orally and in writing
- Fluent Spanish language skills preferred
Please ask for an application at the Service Desk or visit our website at www.vppl.info. The deadline for applications is Friday, August 26, 2016.
To get more information please contact: