Full Time Positions Available
There are currently no full-time positions available.
Part Time Positions Available
Salary: $16.25 per hour, depending on qualifications
The Villa Park Public Library is seeking a motivated and energetic customer service-oriented individual to be our Outreach and School Liaison Librarian. The library serves over 21,000 residents of Villa Park and an additional 2,000 residents in the City of Oakbrook Terrace. The Outreach and School Liaison Librarian should expect to be engaged in the community promoting the importance of early literacy in storytimes and programs with parents and caregivers. This individual will also serve as the library's School Liaison. If you love working with children and their families and have a passion for literacy, this position is a perfect match!
- The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experienced librarian comfortable with community outreach, library programming for early literacy, and working with children, their care-givers, and family members.
- Effective team player who is able to establish and maintain cooperative and efficient working relationships with staff, volunteers, and community organizations.
- Perform reference and readers advisory duties at the service desks.
- Post weekly early literacy tips on the library's social media sites.
- Encourage and model a love of stories, books, learning, and exploring.
- Master's degree in Library Science or Information Science from an ALA-accredited college or university.
- One year of professional library experience or equivalent desired.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
- Stay current with technology as it relates to the position.
- Knowledge of child development, children's literature, apps for toddlers and preschoolers, early literacy skills, and play literacy.
- Oral and written communication skills. Ability to interpret, apply, and explain the library's policies and procedures to the public.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy; exemplify superior customer service.
- Community service to the community we serve.
Benefits include sick leave and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
Deadline for application: July 6, 2016 No phone calls, please.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Villa Park Public Library
305 S. Ardmore Ave.
Villa Park, IL 60181